2023 NW Journey With a Shy Dog!

3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #1227044 by Catherine Gray
2023 NW Journey With a Shy Dog! was created by Catherine Gray
We began our initial NW journey in 2021 with weekly classes held at a local training organization that specializes in NW only.
Most of the instructors are SAR/FEMA /NARC handlers and trainers who also have their own personal K9s who have trialed in various sports.
When Mugz first started classes; he'd enter the building with apprehension, head down ,and insecure. He even stress peed a few times at first. We spent an entire year learning, playing, and working as a team to build our confidence and language. I even volunteered at trials so I could better understand how a trial is ran, expectations of teams, and learn from other experienced handlers.
A year later , we entered our first UKC trial; earning 1st place in all 4 elements and getting his NN Title. We didn't stop there , earning 13 Titles our first year. As we continued classes and growing as a unified team; I have seen a far more confident dog, happier dog, and a dog who really enjoys solving puzzles !
This year has been beyond amazing as Mugz has surpassed and surprised me with his focused abilities as we navigate higher levels.
Our teamwork is more fluid, and consistent with reasonably good pass rates. We ended our second year of NW this year 2023, with 25 new NW titles including
Novice Grand Champ, Advance Champ, Superior Champ, Master titles !
Once I realized just how confident and happy Mugz is; we also dipped our paws in other sports; earning multiple titles and invites to Regional and National events. I'm just blown away at the positive outcomes I have seen across various disciplines .
I am writing all this to say: NOSEWORK has been the niche my dog was needing and has found! It's beyond incredible the impact such opportunities can have on your dog's quality of life! I'm so thankful we took a chance and are having a blast making memories !

So grateful and humbly thankful ,
Team Happy Go Flappy
Team Feel Da Fizz (Dock Diving)
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.