Brag on my Spoo

9 years 10 months ago #43667 by Susan Shaver
Brag on my Spoo was created by Susan Shaver
Oh my, I have never started a brag thread on my own dog. I am so thrilled. I went to our locally owned feed and supply called Mares-E-Doats to look for another clicker for training my Spoo, and for some things I could cut up tiny to use for training treats for the Fenzi tricks and shaping classes. Lots of people take there dogs in there, and they have their own 'house dog', so I take mine in too, without a vest. He is a service dog that I owner trained so I take him everywhere any way, but in a service dog vest.

I was standing in line at the check out when the lady in front of me put her things on the counter. I noticed a couple of them were in her own containers and I said ' I didn't know we could bring our own containers to buy treats'. She answered 'oh, these are for a client'. When I looked confused she said she was a dog trainer. I was thrilled, I thought I knew all the dog trainers up here (3). So I got all excited and asked for her card. She looked at me and my Spoo and said 'You really don't need any help'.

I about fell over! Imagine, from a dog trainer!

Then she headed over to her clients dog who was lunging and leaping and trying to get at my Spoo. I motioned to mine to sit and then lay down, which he did in front of this display.

I am sure when I turned to pay for my items I had my eyes wide and my mouth hanging open with excitement.

Then I took my Spoo to a restaurant to celebrate my own training success! An old lady in a wheel chair with an assistant came over to my table with a big smile on her face. I had seen her around town before, and I let her pet him, and told her what had just happened. She was excited for me. She and her aide went to a table on the other side of the room and then I ordered. I was studying trail maps to see if there were any new ones my Spoo and I could go enjoy walking on. When my food arrived the waitress said with a grin on her face - oh, by the way, the lady over there that just pet your dog is buying your lunch! I was almost in shock. The waitress said - 'it would make her happy to do so', so of course I had to accept. (I was so glad I had just ordered a salad and water.) On my way out I stopped by the lady's table to thank her and gave her a hug. She said 'you have absolutely no idea how much joy you bring to people'.

I am about in tears writing this. I had been feeling alone and inadequate and rather depressed this morning. I am now ready to jump for joy!

Please Log in to join the conversation.