Slice - High in Trial!

8 years 11 months ago #136936 by Chelsey Protulipac
Slice - High in Trial! was created by Chelsey Protulipac
I entered Slice in her first competition. It was held outdoors on a working farm where geese, swans, barn cats, goats, etc, roam. It was pouring rain and the bugs were atrocious. We were entered in two rally runs and two novice obedience runs. I picked an outdoor venue because we mostly do our training outside.

I'm thrilled to say we Qualified in all 4 runs. Our rally scores were 98 and 99. Our novice obedience scores were 198 and 198 :-) We won 1st place (high in class) in all runs and the second Novice Obedience score was good enough for a High in Trial!

She got progressively more confident and happier each time we stepped in. I'm excited for the next time I get to step into the ring with her. My goal for the trial was to not worry about mistakes on either end, to stay connected and have a positive experience to build on for future trialling. My goal was and is the "big picture" so the experience means way more to me than the Qs and ribbons. She was an excellent teammate - we experienced no disengagement in the ring, and although we had challenging stay distractions (swans and geese honking, a dozen goats broke out of their pen and were literally herded back in during the long down) we had a positive group stay experience.

Please Log in to join the conversation.