UKC Rally All Stars

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #533181 by Lora Barlow
UKC Rally All Stars was created by Lora Barlow
I have to take just a second to brag on my little ole lady. At 11 years young she finally achieved a milestone we have been shooting for over the past 5 years. A placement at the UKC All Star Invitational.

Great scores in years past, but placements have eluded us. This year we went to play, she was the only dog in the car that morning and loved going solo. We watched as perfect scores piled up on the board, but that's ok. We were here to celebrate her fantastic year and have one more go in the ring together. The course felt fast when we ran Level 1 - so much so I asked a friend if I had skipped signs or something. Her 100 score was posted, so now it was just a matter of how the times shook out. A happy 3rd place with placing times just fractions of seconds apart.

She also had great runs in Levels 2 and 3, but her times did not stand up to the younger handlers and younger dogs on a muggy hot day. As I watch her face turn grey, and see her fatigue faster than in years prior, I know that every run, every jump, every score takes us closer to the last time we play these games together. I am so proud of this little gun dog and all she has taught me.

DC UKC-ALCH UROG UCDX Belle-A-Roo From Country Roads BN GN RAE UDX CGC Spot-On
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.