Herding Instinct Test

8 years 6 months ago #182240 by Lyn Johnson
Herding Instinct Test was created by Lyn Johnson
We went to our first AKC herding trial this weekend and both my dogs passed their Herding Instinct tests both days!! That means they will both get their certificates from AKC.
Andy, my sheltie, did great both days on the sheep. Kaylee, my young corgi, passed on sheep yesterday, but not today. She got rolled by a sheep last spring, when she wasn't even a year old yet, and her confidence has been shaken. She kept getting stared down by the sheep today, which made both of us a bit nervous, as one of them butted her a bit yesterday. The dang things wouldn't move away from the gate where the judge was standing. So then they brought in the ducks for her & another dog that didn't pass on sheep. A whole different story!! Kaylee LOVES to work the ducks and did a fabulous job! So she got her second instinct leg today! I'm hoping as she builds her confidence on ducks, she will regain her confidence on sheep. Before she got rolled, she was doing great work on sheep, better than Andy! I want to get that corgi back :~).

Please Log in to join the conversation.