Instructor: Stacy Barnett
Do you struggle with having a plan for your training?
Do want to "work on it all?"
Do you need direction to decide what to train?
This class will be a "sampler" of different scent puzzles... For each puzzle, we will discuss:
- Scent Theory
- Hide Placement
- Strategies for Effective Training
Get ready for lots of fun, effective training!
Registration will begin at 11:00am PST.
There are no scheduled sessions for this class at this time. We update our schedule frequently, so please subscribe to our mailing list for notifications.
Enrollment limits: 12 gold, 15 silver, unlimited bronze. If you are interested in a bronze level class, you can sign up any time during the registration period.
Week 1: Pooling Odor... at and away from source
- Introduction to Pooling Odor
- Pooling Odor Search Styles
- Pooling Odor Scent Puzzles
- Handling Strategies for Pooling Odor
- Training Strategies for Pooling Odor
Week 2: Temperature and Pressure Differentials
- Pressure Differentials
- Temperature Differentials
- Pressure / Temperature Differentials Scent Puzzles
- Pressure / Temperature Differentials Handling Strategies
- Pressure / Temperature Differentials Training Strategies
Week 3: Inaccessibles! Degrees and Types
- Accessible vs. Inaccessible Hides
- Types of Inaccessible Hides
- Inaccessible Searching Behavior and Styles
- Inaccessible Hide Scent Puzzles
- WHat Consitutes a "Yes" with Inaccessibles
- Training Strategies for Inaccessible Hides
Week 4: Elevation... the highs!
- Introduction to Elevation
- Teaching Elevation Initially
- What Constitutes a "Yes" in Elevation
- Alert Styles with Elevation
- Elevation Scent Puzzles and Training Strategies
Week 5: Close Convergence
- What is Converging Odor
- "Find Another"
- Converging Odor Search Styles
- Identifying Multiple Scent Cones
- Converging Odor Scent Puzzles
Week 6: Lots O' Hides
- Lots O' Hides - 3 Hides
- Lots O' Hides - 4 to 6 Hides
- Troubleshooting Converging Odor
Prerequisites and Equipment
Gold participants should be able to work multiple hides, however there are no specific titling requirements.