Amanda Nelson has been traveling the country and teaching seminars for 20+ years. She has traveled around the world to Australia, Japan, Netherlands, England, and Switzerland teaching all levels of agility, with nearly all dog breeds.
Amanda focuses on teaching teamwork as well as how to create a strong connection between dog and handler. She works with all styles of handling, from running with your dog to distance handling. Amanda tailors each training session, large or small, to the dog and handler to help bring out the best in the team. Her training techniques consist of a large amounts of targeting, food rewards, and toy rewards. Creating a fun learning environment for the dog encourages a fast, fun, and motivated dog in the agility ring.
Amanda uses a combination of Upper Body Cues, Lower Body Cues, and Verbal Cues. This system was derived from the natural cues that most dogs read and pick up quickly. Handlers are taught how to use all of these cues, together, to create a customized handling system that can be tailored to their unique dog.
All of these techniques have resulted in Amanda earning numerous titles with her dogs including the MOD SQUAD award, Purple Achievement Cup, and over 40 NADAC Championship titles. She has won the NADAC Championships multiple times, including winning the Super Stakes and Starter Stakes division. She has also been Top Bonus Dog, Top Purple Dog, and Top Dog of the Year several times in NADAC.
Current and Upcoming classes
- AG155: Before the Startline starting on December 1, 2017
- AG180: Beyond the Startline starting on February 1, 2018
- AG215: Consistent Contacts starting on April 1, 2018
- AG320: Agility Skills and Drills starting on April 1, 2018
- AG325: Advanced Agility Skills and Drills starting on June 1, 2018
- AG410: Intro to Distance in Agility starting on June 1, 2018
- AG280: Directionals 101 starting on August 1, 2018
- AG530: Agility Handler's Choice starting on August 1, 2018