Mariah Hinds wanted to be a dog trainer at age 8 and has had a lifelong love affair with dogs and a fascination with their behavior. She has been training dogs and teaching people for more than 12 years and she is a Certified Professional Dog Trainer (CPDT-KA). Mariah teaches private lessons, behavior modification and conducts group classes on pet manners, rally, and competition obedience. She has broad practical experience in the dog world: volunteering and working in kennels, shelters and veterinary hospitals, dog sitting and walking, fostering rescue dogs, and 2 years of veterinary technician college. She stays knowledgeable about dog behavior by attending seminars by top trainers and researchers.
She has a passion for finding the best way to communicate with the human half of the dog handler team. Small changes from the handler in practice can yield big results in the long run. She loves working with different challenges and trying to help people find a way to improve their communication with their partners.
Mariah shares her home with Jada, her 10-year-old Doberman, Clever, her 4-year-old border collie, Talent, the border collie puppy and 2 cats.
- 199 in Novice
- HIT in Novice
- 7th place out of 300 dogs at statewide competition in 2015
- 2nd place out of 300 dogs at statewide competition in 2016, 1st place Open dog out of 100 Open dogs
- Reliably scoring between 196 and 199 in every AKC competition
- Novice, Intermediate and Advanced Trick dog titles
Join Mariah in one of her classes and find out how much fun teaching obedience, tricks and precision skills can be for everyone!
Current and Upcoming classes
- BH180: Control Your Canine - Impulse Control at Home and In Sports starting on October 1, 2017
- BH185: Overgreeters Anonymous starting on October 1, 2017
- OB640: Putting it together: Novice Ring Ready starting on December 1, 2017