Instructor: Hannah Branigan
This is the class where we put it all together: we'll use the foundation behaviors and concepts from previous classes to build finished ring exercises and get them ready for prime time! This class will cover the following skills:
- Final chaining behaviors to form finished exercises
- Adding formality and polish to the exercises
- Sequencing exercises for ring performance
- Delaying reinforcement to the end of the chain
- Proofing for robust performance behaviors
- Troubleshooting common problems
This class is a bit different from some of our other offerings. Instead of receiving weekly lessons, we'll give you the instructions for getting started on all of the exercises from the beginning. You can choose to work on all of the skills, or just pick which ones you are most interested in. This class can be repeated as many times as necessary until you feel that you have mastered the skills to your satisfaction.
Because this class focuses on specific skills, we recommend taking this class along with the basic "Building Relationship Through Play" class to be sure your dog develops a love for the game of competition.