Instructor: Kamal Fernandez
In UK obedience, heelwork is an exercise that evokes the most discussion, differentiation, and debate. A large proportion of points and time is allocated to Heelwork in a conventional British Obedience Test, thus a large emphasis is placed in its importance. Although this course is targeted towards UK obedience, this method can and has been adapted to train for other styles, including heeling for HWTM, AKC, IPO, Australian, FCI, and NZKC rules.
This course will give you techniques to polish and refine your dog's heelwork and then to maintain that competitive edge. We will use many fun games to help bring the joy back to your heelwork training. In this course, heelwork will be broken down into short bite size pieces and each layer built up systematically.
The course will cover:
- Games for making heelwork fun again
- Novel solutions for bringing the joy back into your heelwork
- Fun ways to refine and improve heelwork
- Techniques to polish your competitive skills
- Ideas to test and challenge the experienced heelworker
- Extreme heelwork games to test challenge and invigorate your dog!
Gold places are limited to those who have either completed the first two Foundation FCI Heeling courses, or are already competing with their dog and have a history of established heeling. All participants are advised that this is the third in the series on FCI Heeling, and will not cover the foundation exercises as detailed in the previous courses.