Liz and Ludo - all the classes coming together :-)

9 years 9 months ago #52529 by Liz Laidlaw
Ludo and I had our first full weekend of trials this past weekend, with two jumping trials (his first) and a rally trial (his fourth). He has shown some confidence issues in the rally ring in the previous trials (we don't have any access to matches or NFC trials), so I have been re-doing the Ring Confidence exercises with him and even ran out of the ring at our second trial because he gave me a moment of truly joyful work that was worth celebrating even if it meant missing a Q!

It is all starting to pay off, I was bursting with pride on the weekend. My boy was happy, relaxed in that environment, motivated to work any time I asked him to, and showed me his happy face INSIDE the ring :-D

But even better, it was a weekend of brilliant diagnostic information for me - I was finally able to pinpoint exactly what his concerns were in the rally ring so now the path to training further confidence looks so much easier and more direct.

None of this would have happened without the FDSA, I would not have had to skills to train him or the knowledge to really look at him and see what is going on for him, and then devise a way to help fix it.

Thank you all the brilliant FDSA instructors!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.